Pilimmaksarniq: Engaging Men and Boys in Reducing Violence Against Women and Girls – Phase II
The lesson learned from the Phase II activities of our Engaging Inuit Men and Boys in Reducing Violence Against Women and Girls project had informed and provided evidence for enhancing the Pilimmarksarniq toolkit.
The toolkit was revised to include the National Inuit Role Model Campaign, additional content and resources shared by our subject matter experts, and to create a more visually appealing and accessible document.
The project is meant to increase awareness and to strengthen coping skills among Inuit men and boys in an effort to reduce gender-based violence within Inuit communities. The toolkit is a set of documents that provide the information necessary to:
- Help assess community and individual readiness for healing and change;
- Identify a natural helper;
- Go about initial training and networking;
- Start a men’s group;
- Develop a group framework;
- Hold exercises and activities with participants to address issues such as self-awareness and self-esteem, anger, jealousy, unresolved trauma, etc.;
- Calculate program costs; and
- Organize program details such as, possible places to find funding, how to access the funding, finding a physical location, etc.
Department Abuse Prevention
Year Published 2020
Also Available in Inuktut