Deadline for submissions: April 30, 2019
Statement of Work
Title CheckUp: Time to focus on and learn from Inuit
The CheckUp project is a social marketing campaign aimed at changing social norms to favour screening of sexually transmitted blood borne infections (STBBIs) in Inuit youth aged 15-30 in Nunavik. The project used videos, featuring Inuit youth in the region, as well as various Facebook posts to target attitudes, social norms, and behaviours related to sexual health and STBBI testing. The campaign was very successful in the Nunavik region and has emerged as an Inuit-specific best practice. The purpose of the new project is to build on the strengths of Phase 1 of the CheckUp project in Nunavik and expand its’ reach to new regions.
Goals of the Project
The broad goals of the CheckUp project include:
1. Normalizing testing by changing attitudes and social norms around the use of screening services for STBBIs and reduce the barriers to testing and linkage to care;
2. Decreasing the burden of STBBIs throughout Inuit Nunangat;
3. Improving wellness and resiliency of Inuit youth using land and culture-based methods;
4. Contextualizing the project in other Inuit regions; and
5. Fostering Inuit youth leadership in the planning of wholistic health promotion interventions.
This is an open call to individuals, firms or organizations to provide a comprehensive proposal for the development of a communication/social marketing campaign for the CheckUp project currently taking place in Nunavik and expanding its reach to new regions starting in Spring-Summer 2019. The campaign should be culturally appropriate, designed with Inuit-youth as the targeted audience, and include best design practices for social marketing. The proposal must include generating content and managing the existing CheckUp project Facebook page. Video allowing for local involvement, in both Nunavik and Inuvialuit, are expected to be part of the submission. The campaign messaging should be focused on the normalization of screening of STBBIs and integrate elements surrounding sexual health and wellness. Previous needs assessments and reports will be made available to the successful vendor.
The proposal must include the following elements:
- Market and situation;
- Objectives and goals;
- Proposed procedure;
- Proposed tools (i.e., videos, social media platforms);
- Roles and responsibilities;
- Plan of action and schedule for the campaign (that will be adjusted following on-the-land activities with youth);
- Cost breakdown and specific budget lines for activities;
- Content calendar and social media posts for the next two years; and
- Other elements considered important.
- Design an innovative and culturally relevant communication/social marketing strategy and plan that is consistent with current CheckUp project branding and previously created tools and resources (i.e. development of videos with youth and communities)
- Social media plan aligned with our partners and funders that includes Facebook and others.
- Special events/dates calendar related to sexual health or STBBIs to take into consideration for our project’s awareness campaigns, social media posts, etc.
In addition, the successful applicants will be required to:
- Participate in the project meetings and teleconferences as appropriate;
- Provide regular progress updates, analytics, evaluations, and lessons learned as required and on an ongoing basis; and
- Provide all project documents and files (text, design, PowerPoint, etc.), raw footage and imagery (graphics, audio and video, illustrations, logos, photography, stock photos, fonts, etc.) upon completion of the contract and as requested by Pauktuutit.
The proposals shall be assessed according to the following criteria:
1. cost breakdown;
2. consideration of the reality of the North / experience in the north;
3. cultural safety and responsiveness;
The duration of the contract will be from July 1st, 2019 – March 31st, 2020. With a contract renewal from April 1st, 2020 – March 31st, 2021.
- bids accepted until April 30, 2019;
- contract begins July 2019;
- contract ends March 31, 2020 with a renewal from April 1st, 2020 – March 31st, 2021.
Pauktuutit’s Roles and Responsibilities
The primary contact at Pauktuutit for this project is Rebecca Rolfe, Project Coordinator (email@example.com). Pauktuutit commits to provide the information and materials necessary to complete the work, and will respond to requests for information in a timely fashion.
Confidentiality, Privacy and Copyright
The successful applicant shall not disclose to any party any confidential information gained or resulting from activities undertaken under this project, nor shall the applicant disclose any information concerning Pauktuutit or their affairs where such information is obtained through this Project.
Pauktuutit and the successful applicant will agree to publicly and mutually acknowledge and accord appropriate credit for each other’s contribution in this project, including any products developed and disseminated as a result. Both parties will come to an agreement on how credit is attributed, depending on the nature and degree of each organization’s contribution.
It is understood that Pauktuutit retains ownership of any and all materials and intellectual property created, designed, or produced as a result of activities undertaken by the successful applicant when awarded this project.
It is understood that the successful applicant will generate original work for this project.
- Applicants must submit their company name, and confirm their incorporation, references, and/or portfolio;
- Submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Word format or PDF;
- Estimates/budgets must remain firm until May 31, 2019;
- No payment will be made for costs incurred in the preparation and submission of a proposal in response to this RFP;
- No costs incurred before receipt of a signed contract can be charged to the proposed contract;
- Travel that may be required will be separate from this scope of work budget; and,
- Pauktuutit reserves the right not to award a contract as a result of this RFP.
The proposal must:
- Include a detailed and specific budget not to exceed $350,000 (inclusive of HST) and that demonstrates that the objectives and deliverables for the project can be met;
- Indicate the billing rate and specific budget lines;
- List any other expenses that might be applicable; and
- Total bid MUST include 13% HST tax.
Rights of the Organization
Pauktuutit reserves the right to:
- Enter into negotiations with one or more bidders on any or all aspects of this proposal.
- Accept any proposal in whole or in part.
- Cancel and/or re-issue this requirement at any time.
- Award one or more contracts.
- Verify any or all information provided by the bidder with respect to this requirement.