Employment Opportunity – Policy and Research Analyst
Pauktuutit has been advocating for the social, cultural, political and economic betterment of Inuit women, their families and communities since 1984. Pauktuutit is the national representative organization of Inuit women in Canada and is governed by a 14-member Board of Directors from across Canada. By working with the governments, community leaders and Inuit organizations it fosters greater awareness of the needs of Inuit women, advocates for equality and social improvements, and encourages their participation in the community, regional and national life of Canada and realize their full potential and aspirations.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Policy and Research Analyst will play a lead role in developing and implementing Pauktuutit’s strategic policy and research priorities and initiatives relevant to the health and wellbeing of Inuit women and their families.
- Maintain current policy and subject matter knowledge of the organisation’s priority issues;
- Identify, analyse, and recommend relevant policy and legislative opportunities;
- Recommend and implement relevant and current strategic direction and initiatives in collaboration with the Executive Director and other staff as appropriate;
- Draft position papers, briefs, reports, and statements, compile and analyse existing research in support of organizational activities;
- Development of written submissions to a range of governments and other partners;
- Contribute to the development of project proposals as requested;
- Communicate and collaborate with a range of external partners including national and regional Inuit organizations, federal and provincial governments and other stakeholders;
- Represent the organization on various external working groups, committees, etc., at the request of the Executive Director;
- Monitor and make recommendations about new and emerging policy and research issues and opportunities;
- Maintain current knowledge of the operational structure of the federal, provincial and territorial governments including its legislative, regulatory, policy development processes;
- Maintain knowledge of the interrelationship between the federal, territorial, provincial and jurisdictions including regional self-governing and Inuit authorities;
- Provide strategic advice, identify gaps and develop policies and recommendations that are aligned with Pauktuutit’s strategic priorities and objectives;
- Act as a lead on specific files as assigned and prioritized by the Executive Director;
- Deliver policy advice and/or briefings to senior management and the Executive regarding strategic policy opportunities and emerging issues.
- Develop, implement and monitor/evaluate successful projects and deliverables;
- Identify funding sources and develop relevant project proposals and budgets;
- Represent the organization at a range of venues such as conferences, symposia, etc.;
- Develop and maintain stakeholder and partnership relations;
- Plan and/or facilitate workshops, meetings; work plan logistics/travel, etc.; and
- Assist with the development of plain language messaging and content suitable for a range of audiences;
- Communicate appropriately about sensitive issues.
- University degree in a related field such as health policy, public policy, indigenous studies, women studies, etc., with at least three to five years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Specific knowledge of health, and the links to violence, abuse prevention, and socio-economic issues are highly desirable;
- Experience working with indigenous organizations is strongly recommended;
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector or government is considered an asset;
- Excellent skills in writing and communications
- Knowledge and experience of the North and working with Inuit;
- Knowledge of the Inuktitut language is a significant asset;
- Able to travel when required.
We thank all application for their interest in Pauktuutit, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pauktuutit is an equal opportunity employer, with policies and practices intended to build an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please include in your cover letter when applying for the position and all efforts to provide the appropriate accommodation will be put into place.
To apply, send a résumé and cover letter immediately to
Conor Rolland, email@example.com.