Who We Are:
Pauktuutit is the national representative organization of Inuit women in Canada. Governed by a 14-member Board of Directors drawn from across Canada, we have been advocating for the social, cultural, political, and economic betterment of Inuit women, their families, and communities since 1984.
We foster greater awareness of the needs of Inuit women, advocate for equality and social improvements, and encourage Inuit women’s participation in the community, regional and national life of Canada. By working with the government, community leaders and Inuit organizations, we support Inuit women to reach their full potential in safe, happy communities.
Our small and vibrant team is growing! We are searching for talented, positive, collaborative individuals who share our passion for improving lives in the Inuit community.
We are seeking a skilled individual with excellent organizational and communication skills to fill the role of Administrative Assistant. Under the direction of the Director of Finance, the Administrative Assistant will support a full range of administrative duties for the Director of Finance and the Human Resources Manager. With a superior attention to detail, the Administrative Assistant is focused on contributing to the efficient operation of the Finance and Human Resources departments.
As an ideal candidate, you are an engaging, self-motivated team player with exceptional organizational skills. You understand the importance of our mandate and share our deep commitment to advocating for, and supporting, Inuit women and their families.
Your responsibilities include:
- Assist with general office management and operations.
- Liaise with suppliers and other external parties.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system, including maintaining current contact lists.
- Manage calendars and schedule meetings; take meeting minutes as may be requested.
- Respond to inquiries by phone and email.
- Review, organize, and respond to emails and other correspondence.
- Distribute memos and other internal communications.
- Prepare purchase orders, invoices, reports, memos, letters, spreadsheets, financial and other documents.
- Other related duties as required.
Your qualifications include:
- 5 years of administrative experience is preferred. A combination of relevant education, knowledge and experience will be considered.
- Superior time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Excellent English communications skills, oral and written.
- Ability to communicate in Inuktut is an asset.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Word.
- Strong organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping procedures is preferred.
- $45,000 to $55,000 (based on experience).
- Competitive benefits package including (but not limited to) – vision, dental, prescriptions etc.
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in Pauktuutit; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pauktuutit is an equal opportunity employer, with policies and practices intended to build an inclusive and accessible work environment. We strongly encourage applications from Inuit, other Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and people from gender- and sexually diverse communities.
We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please indicate so in your application.